Business Development Director for local M&A and Corporate Finance Consultancy Firm
Business Development Director for local M&A and Corporate Finance Consultancy Firm with international background
The objective of the job: To identify, contract and manage investment and M&A transactions along with related corporate finance services mainly in Romania and the CEE region. The ideal candidate has high expertise and is a senior expert in this field, with a well-developed and consolidated professional acquaintances network.
We invite independent consultants also to apply!
- Generating deal flow for the consultancy company either with the identification of mandates for sell-side or buy-side transaction services for investment opportunities or with delivering corporate finance related engagements in relation to ongoing transactions such as financing-organization and due diligences;
- Participation in the establishment of the Bucharest boutique office, further maintaining its leadership;
- Supporting as team leader and sponsor the gained engagements;
- Maintaining and nurturing relationships with influential people in the local and national business world in order to both source deals as well as solicit expert input on a given topic;
- Traveling and attending industry conferences and networking events;
Required Qualification and Expertise:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business is preferred and a graduate degree is a plus;
- At least 5-10 years of experience in a demanding work environment such as management consulting, investment bank, private equity or corporate M&A sector;
- Genuine curiosity, very good intellectual potential, desire and proven ability to learn new domains & technologies quickly;
- Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills (Romanian and English);
- Must be able to work in a fast paced & rapidly changing and ambiguous environment;
- Self-starter, accountable, able to identify opportunities, initiate projects and work independently;
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in getting results and answers;
The company provides the conditions needed for the execution of an excellent service along with competitive salary and successful project based bonuses. Long-term partnership and the chance to work in a challenging, fast-paced, continually changing environment is offered.
About our hiring company:
Our client is part of a multinational network which provides M&A transaction services for its clients worldwide beside its corporate finance consultancy activities. It operates in specialized industry sector groups both from buy- and sell-side. The group has already started a local leg in Cluj-Napoca and is planning a new office in Bucharest.
Our client provides a variety of services, like: (1) Buy- and sell-side M&A transaction services for both local and cross-border transactions (2) Fund raising and debt structuring; (3) Advising on acquisition target, locating investment partners in the target countries; (4) Providing financial and business due diligence; (5) Business modelling; (6) Project and stakeholder management.
A highly qualified team of specialists and consultants is waiting for this experienced new member for its newly envisaged Bucharest office.